Financial Management Specialist
Mains’l Services, Inc. is currently seeking a full-time Financial Management Specialist. We are in the Business of Hopes and Dreams. We offer innovative supports to those who need it so they can live a life of their own choosing- a life of meaning and purpose. For us, every hope is a challenge and every dream an opportunity.
We offer a competitive salary and a benefit package: health, dental, life, 401(k), long-term disability and paid time off! Mains’l Services, Inc. offers a flexible, casual environment which provides employees work and life balance.
Core responsibilities of a Financial Management Specialist:
· Processes payroll and accounts payable payments for household employers in multiple states.
· Responsible for accurately processing emergency payrolls when requested by the agencies;
· Processes voluntary and involuntary deductions, such as levies, garnishments and Corrective Action Plan payments;
· Processes banking transactions. Includes initiating EFT files, EFT reissues, positive pay upload and researching any payroll/accounts payable payments that may have been returned;
· Keeps abreast of tax rules and regulations, including Federal, multiple states and localities;
· Identifies and assists in developing FMS system enhancements;
· Responsible for providing customer service to internal and external partners and program participants using comprehensive knowledge and research to communicate effectively with team members and partners. Includes researching and special requests;
· Solves problems concerning payroll, answers inquiries, and enforces payroll policies;
· Responsible for reconciling, filing and paying quarterly/annual taxes for federal, multiple states, and local agencies;
· Responsible for end of year filing requirements including processing FICA refunds, distributing W-2 and 1099 Misc. forms, reconciling wages and taxes reported to SSA with wages and taxes reported to IRS;
· Maintains and reconciles multiple bank accounts and bank statements;
· Responsible for retrieving 835 billing files from Medicaid, applying the files to agency accounts receivable and making the files available to the agencies;
· Develops and distributes reports for various agencies;
· Works with agencies on unclaimed property reporting and filing for states where checks are issued;
Qualifications/Skills of a Financial Management Specialist:
· Bachelor’s degree in Accounting related field preferred, but not required
· Ability to learn and use electronic systems to efficiently and effectively manage work processes and documentation
· Creative, innovative, inquisitive and eager to learn other accounting software programs
· Ability to use oral and written communication effectively
· Ability to build relationships with stakeholders and employees, and to recognize their needs
· Ability to adapt to changing roles and responsibilities
· Strong analytical skills, attention to detail, exceptional accuracy, familiarity with tax filings, good with numbers, ability to work independently & with our team, strong customer service skills
How to Apply:
Please visit our website at http://www.mainsl.com to apply online.