Do you want to work in the business of hopes and dreams where you can make a difference in the lives of others? Join Mains’l on our journey to change the world and make it a better place, one person at a time.
As a Live in PCA you would live in the home supporting an individual who need assistance to live successfully in his own home and within the community. The position will be available on May 1st and requires a one year commitment. As the live in PCA for this individual, you will need to be home from 9 PM to 7 AM daily, but time off is available. Some day time hours are available if you are interested. They pay $15 an hour. Rent and utilities are included with this position and there is a food stipend.
Your day to day work may include:
• Going out to a variety of new places to give the opportunity to meet new people
• Cooking different kinds of foods, chopping, measuring
• Supporting the individual in his daily goals and plans
• Playing card and board games
• Doing mindfulness activities
• Helping the individual take pictures with his cell phone and share them with others
• Doing volunteering opportunities
• Going on outings; example being bowling, shopping, concerts, fishing trips
• Having fun!
-At least 18 years of age
-Valid MN Drivers’ license
-Reliable transportation with valid insurance coverage
-Ability to pass a background check through the Department of Human Services
-Able to work effectively under limited supervision
-Ability to complete basic arithmetic functions as well as conducting and recording financial transactions accurately
-Able to write and communicate narrative accounts to supervisor with grammatical and spelling accuracy
How to Apply: